Module Bracket Erase
The module Bracket Erase can be used to remove brackets and bands in a model scan. By removing these parts from the scan, you can create finishing aligners, splints or retainers, before the brackets are actually removed from the patient.
Ideally, a segmented scan of the patient from before the bracket treatment is used to replace the removed bracket geometry with the exact surface of the actual teeth of the patient.
- Segment both the current scan with brackets as well as the initial malocclusion scan
- Open Bracket Erase module with the current scan
- Load the malocclusion scan as a reference scan
- Use automatic or manual bracket selection to define the geometry that should be replaced
- Select the option "Replace whole tooth" to remove bands
- Select the option "Show Refence" to see the fitting of the reference surface